Total Pageviews

Monday 17 December 2012

Catching up with the year behind.......looking ahead 


I purchased some new trail shoes........my second pair of Saucony Peregines gave up the ghost after 2 ultras. Jon Broxap himself had sent me the second pair but with only about 120km in them, they fell apart. So, a switch to a pair of Inov8 Roclite 255 trail shoes. Light, nice wide toe box and near to zero drop.  They feel much more robust, without shirking on protection.

I'm looking back over the last year in the next few days. Looking back at the achievements of the year. At the same time I am going to be looking forward to an even bigger and better year for 2013. I've got 2 firm plans for big runs.....but more of that later.

I've not downloaded my Garmin to the PC for a month or so but my weekly mileage has ensured that I topped 2000 miles for the year a little while ago. That said, the last 5 months has been far less so the first half of the year I was topping 60 miles a week. All said, 12 marathons and ultras including the SDW100, my longest event yet, I am pretty happy with the way the year has panned out. I always feel like I could have done more, trained harder, run faster, thought more. However, 2 years ago I was sat here blogging having been told I would never run a marathon again.....so fair play.

I've just started training again after a few weeks of light running. The Tanners 30 is in 3 weeks. St Peters Way 45 is a few weeks afterwards. Mrs UB will be training for the marathon so we will be training together. I have had an amazing 2012. Can't wait for 2013


2 comments:

  1. You have had an awesome year of running this year Rob and you certainly have some fun coming in January and February.

    We need to get a run in before the end of the year

    I am looking to run an ultra as a minimalist next year....'cos I can :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you want to do a night run between xmas and new year?

      Delete