Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Goals

White on White by ultraBobban
White on White, a photo by ultraBobban on Flickr.

When I have been writing over the last few days I have been concerned over a job interview. I have deliberated, digested and mulled over the day of interview yesterday and have come to the conclusion that I am not going to put myself forward or the second day of interview.

1. There are big issues that are unresolved in my head to do with the dynamics of the organisation. Going in as 2ic would not be a good thing without the full backing of the head honcho.
2. Never avoid a nagging feeling in the belly. Like a small crumb in the shoe of an ultra runner....it can only lead to a blister, or worse.

So I sit here thinking about the world. I ran 13 miles in the snow yesterday which was just beautiful. It made me think long and hard about the interview and made me realise that I didn't want it. Selection is tomorrow for day 2 but I have already politely emailed to pull out.

Goals ahoy now........Sevenoaks Circular in 2 weeks, followed by Steyning Stinger. Mrs UB and the marvelous Lily are running the Stinger half.

Can't wait for such awesome events!

I'm not too fussed about the job........there will be plenty more that comes along and then the time will be just right!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's good to be in that position to see things clearly.

    You doing SevenOaks circular as a long run? Steyning stinger looks great and I should get my butt down there to do it!

    ReplyDelete