Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Handicap and cravings

I love milk by ultraBobban
I love milk, a photo by ultraBobban on Flickr.
I ran the club handicap tonight. I often shy away from speed work but have been on it for a few days. I haven't run a fast running club handicap in 13 months, before I broke my leg. My PB is 13.18 which equates to about 6.30s for the 2 and a bit mile undulating course. On form, I should be sub 13 but I never seem to get it right. My PB did involve me pulling a "moonie" to my buddy Irish Sue on the way round. I could have done better but it was so funny I nearly died laughing!

This evening the windy weather didn't help anybody. There were puddles, (not a problem) fallen branches to be stepped over (slight issue) and then having to overtake on a waterlogged verge with no grip (a big problem) but I managed to holler everyone on the way round and run a 14.21. A reasonable start to the year. A nice hilly run there capped it off as a nice evening, especially getting to see my mate Tappo and his brilliant wife Katie and their beautiful new daughter at the club. I reckon she loves milk at the moment.

I do to....but semi-skimmed is what i am about to quaff before hitting the wooden hills to Bed-fordshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment