Total Pageviews

Friday 14 January 2011

Pinned down!


Right leg xray, originally uploaded by ultraBobban.

Sorry about the flash in the photo but my eyes were drawn towards the fusion of fibula and tibia above. This is obviously necessary but causing me pain for 2 reasons. 1 because I can feel the screws and 2 because the range of movement feels small. The tendons are so tight that normal flexion of the foot is impossible. I have managed in short bursts, a mile of hobble today. Any uneven surface, in which the normal range of movement of the bones in the foot would accomodate, is utter agony.

Having said that, I had expected to still be in plaster, so being confronted with a step here and there is not actually a mountain to climb, but positive progress, as is being able to stand up in the shower! Is the first run 3 months away? Lets hope so as I had thought it was going to be 6!!

1 comment:

  1. Scary looking pins !!! Well done on all the hobbling and standing in the shower :-). I guess the fact the you were so fit and in such good shape has helped with your quicker than expected recovery ? Best wishes as always.

    ReplyDelete