Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 October 2010

Coming to an end


Sunset from Peckham, originally uploaded by ultraBobban.

The year is coming to an end and although the mojo is back, I am just not putting in the miles. Time is the biggest blocker here. Work pressures and all of the things that allowed me to run long have gone on the back burner for the moment. I can easily do 10-12 miles running back to back mon-weds but consistency and the LSRs on a saturday morning just are not happening. Still, 14th Founders Challenge tomorrow and hopefully all will be fine. Something that I am looking forward to, despite all of this rain.

It has been an incredible year. It looks like there will be 11 marathons and ultras for this year, with Founders and Portsmouth Waterside coming up in the next few weeks.

The notion of getting faster was potentially my goal for 2011. I am back running with the elite group at the club, although not comfortably. I guess there are 3 issues here: 1, improving VO2 max; 2, speedwork down at the track (no way!); and 3, mind over matter. Building the confidence is a lot of the problem with quicker running. However, I am now committed to the Thames Trot 50 in feb and the SDW 103 in July. These are my goals for the first part of 2011. Heck, I might even have another pop at the Ridgeway.......but I would like to get an overseas marathon in too.

1 comment: